Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

visiting Cartagena

The first time I was in Cartagena, Colombia I was a kid. I was born in Bogota, a "cold city" with rainy days and really more spring like weather. I always had a sweater to go to school and more days that not I had four blankets on top of me to go to bed. Most people think of Colombia as a "hot weather country" but the forget that we have the Andes to give us all variety of climates and beauty.

Cartagena impressed me as I guess impresses every one that visits. For a kid, the wonderful view of the sea the warm weather simply in the air, the beautiful sense of freedom that you experience. I felt in love with the city and decided that one day I will be able to live there.

I am now an entrepreneur living in Cartagena after a career in tourism some travels in Europe. Living abroad only thought me to love my country even more. So I am starting this blog to tell more about Cartagena and hope that you wil visit it and feel the same love for the history, the people and the place as I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment